Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Burkina Faso
Strategic Coordination and Learning Advisor – Burkina Faso
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for the upcoming FY 2018 Food for Peace Development Food Security Activity (DFSA). This activity will work at the individual, household, and systems levels to address the underlying causes of chronic food insecurity to improve and sustain the food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations.
CNFA considers collaboration, learning, and adaption (CLA) as the key to sustainable and effective implementation. The Strategic Coordination and Learning Advisor will strengthen stakeholder collaboration and coordinate learning activities across all sectors and all activities. Responsibilities will include: strategic leadership of CLA efforts; engagement with local partners, the US government, government representatives, international donors, multi-lateral organizations and the private sector; robust coordination with stakeholders; and implementation of diverse and adaptive knowledge sharing activities within and outside of the project.
- 5+ years of experience in the integration of CLA into field programming is required, experience conducting such programming in West Africa is strongly preferred;
- 2+ years managing the interactions and communications of a diverse set of high-profile public- and private-sector stakeholders is required;
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and applying resources to create, capture, organize, and share knowledge across sectors is required;
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative data to increase innovations and adaptive problem-solving within the project and among stakeholders is strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated success identifying knowledge gaps and facilitating institutional change to sustainably address the gaps is required;
- Demonstrated knowledge of agricultural, livelihood, and/or food security programming is preferred;
- International donor experience is required, USAID program experience, particularly with Food for Peace funding, is preferred;
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field is required, a PhD is preferred;
- Strong French and English ability is required, understanding of local languages is preferred.
**Local nationals are encouraged to apply