Team: Programs | Commitment: Consultant | Location: Egypt
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for the USAID funded Food-Security and Agribusiness Support (FAS) project. This project focuses on agricultural value chain development targeting smallholder farmers in Upper Egypt.
- The goal of this assignment is to provide long term intermittent technical support to the FAS M&E team by conducting quarterly visits to Egypt as well as regular remote support.
- Review of FAS M&E system (data collection and reporting practices) and recommend improvements to meet USAID Data Quality standards, observing best practices and following guidance provided by CNFA headquarters and USAID. This may include but is not limited to developing or updating: data flow protocols/staff responsibilities; a filing system for hard copy files; data collection and management templates and Excel forms.
- Updating the project M&E Plan including Project Indicator Reference Sheets (PIRS) as needed to reflect any revisions to the M&E System protocols.
- Developing an M&E Field Guide for the project to document the field-level, FAS-specific M&E processes.
- Develop training materials for FAS staff on M&E and project-specific.
- Provide support and assistance to the FAS M&E staff with regular reporting requirements, as well as the yearly Data Quality Assessment and Project Indicator Report.
- Work with FAS M&E staff to build their capacity by identifying areas of weakness and providing coaching and support where needed.
- Significant M&E experience with USAID Feed the Future programs.
- Experience operationalizing program M&E plans.
- English proficiency and excellent written communications skills; Arabic proficiency preferred.
This assignment is envisioned to cover one calendar year with 15-20 billable days each quarter (approximately 60-80 total days). Support will entail quarterly field visits to FAS offices in Egypt as well as remote support in collaboration with the CNFA Director of M&E and FAS M&E Manager. The consultant will report to the CNFA headquarters Director of M&E.