Team: New Business | Commitment: Consultant | Location: Burkina Faso
Local Technical Consultant – Burkina Faso
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for the upcoming FY 2018 Food for Peace Development Food Security Activity (DFSA). These activities work at the individual, household, and systems level to address the underlying causes of chronic food insecurity to improve and sustain the food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations.
The Local Technical Consultant will support the capture effort and technical design of the upcoming proposal by providing broad, short-term support to the proposal team. In collaboration with the International Consultants, this position will develop a network of Burkina Faso contacts and organize logistics for proposal team members. The consultant will participate in group meetings and may also conduct independent meetings on behalf of the team. Responsibilities will include organizing interviews with Burkinabe development implementers and local partners; creating meetings with regional- and commune-level government officials, the private sector, and national-level government ministries; summarizing meetings into clear and concise notes; identifying the cost of various items (including vehicles, salaries, and office space) identified by the Costing Director, organization of field trips, participation in Focus Group discussions, and generally advising the proposal team. The individual will also participate in design workshops and strategy sessions.
- 5+ years of experience working in Burkina Faso within a development context
- Experience working with Burkinabe government agencies, including the Ministries of Agriculture & Water Resources, Animal Resources, Promotion of Women, Employment and Youth, Health, Environment, and/or Trade
- Knowledge of livelihood and/or food security programming in-country;
- Experience designing and/or managing development projects is preferred;
- Experience in proposal writing is preferred;
- International donor experience required, USAID program experience, particularly with Food for Peace funding, preferred;
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, a Master’s Degree is preferred;
- Strong French and English ability is required, understanding of local languages preferred.