Team: New Business | Commitment: Consultant | Location: Washington DC
Lead Technical Writer – Laos Microenterprise Development
Brief Project Overview
The Laos Microenterprise Development Activity aims to drive rural economic growth through facilitating the emergence of a dynamic agribusiness sector by alleviating constraints to investment and increasing access to finance and credit for micro- and small enterprises (MSEs), resulting in broad economic opportunities and poverty reduction by providing productive employment for target rural populations.
CNFA is currently seeking applicants for a Lead Technical Writer for a short-term assignment to support new business opportunities in Laos.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Technical Writer will work closely with CNFA staff and be responsible for conducting research, drafting, editing, and reviewing proposal technical sections for an upcoming USAID proposals.
Tasks and Deliverables
- Conduct background reviews to learn the context and donor priorities in target technical areas;
- Support proposal teams with technical design and lead the drafting of technical narratives involving off-farm agribusiness finance, investment, business development services, policy, and other related themes;
- Support the team in writing other sections of the proposal, as required;
- Conduct capture trip(s) as agreed with the team.
The Ideal Candidate’s Experience
- Demonstrated experience in agricultural value chains, market systems, micro- and small agribusinesses, economic growth and development, or microfinance required;
- 3+ years’ experience working in Laos required; regional experience also an advantage;
- 5+ years of proposal writing experience in the international development field required;
- A Master’s degree in agriculture, economics, international development, or a related field of study or equivalent work experience required;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID writing and branding highly preferred;
- Familiarity with CNFA’s technical and geographic program areas preferred;
- Experience in devising an approach for graphic designs preferred;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English are required; knowledge of Laotian and/or French is an asset.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.