Team: Programs | Commitment: Consultant | Location: Pakistan
Consultant – Environmental Compliance
Consultant – Environmental Compliance
Position: Short-term Consultant, Environmental Compliance
Project: Pakistan Agricultural Technology Transfer Activity (PATTA)
Place of Performance: Islamabad, Pakistan, with field travel
Level of Effort: 30 days
Period of Performance: October – November
Reporting to: Chief of Party / Deputy Chief of Party or his designee
CNFA is an enterprise development organization based in Washington, D.C., dedicated to stimulating sustainable growth in the agricultural sector. CNFA specializes in fostering private sector investments in training, new technologies and marketing as a means to increase the overall competitiveness of agricultural value chains, to expand exports, and to develop skills in the rural workforce. By generating higher incomes for farmers, processors, entrepreneurs and distributors, CNFA helps improve livelihoods and reduce poverty.
CNFA is currently seeking an Environmental Compliance Consultant for the USAID-funded PATTA project in Pakistan. The purpose of PATTA is to identify, support and bring to scale private sector solutions to improve agricultural productivity in Pakistan, through a four-year activity. PATTA will partner with agricultural technology companies to commercialize products and services that can increase the productivity and competiveness of smallholder farmers and mobilize private sector investment in agricultural technology. PATTA’s partnerships will give small holder farmers broader access to affordable technologies to increase productivity, build resilience to climate change and reduce postharvest losses.
Expected Results of PATTA:
· Increase smallholder farmers’ access to affordable appropriate and effective agricultural technologies
· Enable agricultural technology related businesses to expand and adapt their products and services to meet small holders’ needs
· Scale up the adoption and use of agricultural technologies
Position Summary: This position will be based in Islamabad is open to Pakistani nationals only. The STTA will be based in Islamabad (with potential travel to the provinces of Punjab, Sindh, Baluchistan, KPK, and GB). The Environmental Coordinator will be responsible for guiding the environmental compliance of all activities under PATTA per USAID and Pakistani environmental regulations.
The Environmental Consultant will report directly to the Chief of Party/Deputy Chief of Party or his designated Manager.
Specific Tasks: The Environmental Consultant will be required to perform the following:
· Evaluate the Initial Environmental Examination (IEE) of PATTA
· Guide the project on approved Initial Environmental Examination (IEE)
· Develop guidelines to promote safe, effective, and efficient use of the agricultural technologies, in compliance with USAID environmental compliance regulations
· Suggest PATTA programmatic and project-level compliance with USAID environmental guidelines, in coordination with the MEO
· Suggest programmatic and project-level compliance with all host country environmental regulations
· Guide PATTA team on environmental mitigation activities for first year work plan and anticipated for life-of-project compliance requirements
· Work with the Monitoring and Evaluation Director in assessing the environmental impact of all project activities and suggest mitigation measures
· Develop Environmental guidelines, Health and Safety guidelines for agricultural tools and machinery manufacturers and their staff
– Inception report
– Weekly progress report
– Presentation and feedback from the project
– Environment Assessment Guide for life of the project
· Pakistani national
· Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required, Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred
· 8-10 years of relevant work experience providing similar support
· Prior USAID and other international donor experience preferred
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe applications
· Fluency in English required
· Fluency in Urdu preferred
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.