Team: Interns | Commitment: Intern | Location: Washington DC
Summer Term: June 1, 2018– August 31, 2018
Internships are full-time (40hrs/week) paid at $12.50 per hour with 3 paid vacation days. Interns are ineligible for any other benefits.
Under the supervision of CNFA’s Internship Coordinator, the Communications intern will provide assistance to the Director of Communications and the Communications Officer with writing, editing, and general communications tasks.
Shared internship responsibilities:
- Contribute to research, writing, editing, creation of graphic elements and recruiting efforts for proposal development;
- Provide administrative support to staff as needed; and
- Support the Receptionist in keeping the office running smoothly with a variety of office management responsibilities and event planning for CNFA headquarters.
- Collecting and editing news and success stories from the field for use in a variety of purposes and for a variety of audiences;
- Writing press releases for distribution and follow up with relevant local media;
- Providing website support both technical and editorial, updating content, publishing news stories and maintaining and administrating social networking site information;
- Maintaining and creating social networking campaigns;
- Assist in the recruitment of agribusiness experts and local staff for proposals as well as ongoing program needs;
- Formatting of personnel documents to comply with proposal guidelines; and
- Other tasks as needed.
- Strong writing and editing skills, newsroom experience a plus;
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of social media;
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite a plus; and
- Strong sense of professionalism and good people skills.
- Current US work authorization required, as CNFA does not sponsor work visas;
- A college junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student with a minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Demonstrated interest in international development; and
- Prior office experience is desired, travel experience and knowledge of another language is preferred.
Your application will be considered incomplete and will not be considered without the submission of all documents: cover letter, resume and professional references.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.